The Small Business Digital Grants Program offering a $10k boost in funding from Business Queensland is coming back and you don’t want to pass this up.
You probably know that a new website, updating a customer relationship management tool (CRM; helps you manage sales), and investing in digital tools and services can be costly. The next round of applications for this exciting grant is expected to open in mid-2017.
[UPDATE] The grant was opened for applications on September 27, 2017. Applications are due by 5pm on October 24, 2017.
Now's the time to get ready...
If you own a business, this is for you.
The grant provides small businesses in Queensland with greater access to digital technologies and services to help you make more sales. Online business opportunities aren’t always easy to spot nor are they easy to capitalise on.
Small businesses can receive matching funds up to $10,000 (excluding GST) to purchase digital services, software and hardware.
Tip: You don’t have to spend $10,000 to get the grant. You should apply for the grant if your project will be at least $2,000.
Who should apply?
All Queensland-based small businesses may apply for the grant. Each business must show that the digital technology or service purchased enhances the digital capabilities of the business and helps them be more competitive.
Your business must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the grant:
- Have less than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- Based in Queensland
- Have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last 12 calendar months preceding your application
- Declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent
How much funding is available?
Businesses that meet the criteria above may receive matching funding up to $10,000 (ex. GST).
You can use the grant for the purchase of hardware, software and services if your application is successful. You will have to show that the digital technology or service purchased will enhance your business’s digital capabilities in a way that makes you more competitive and helps you hire more staff.
Your business would receive direct payments on completion of the project (implementation of the digital good or service) and on presentation of proof of payment for that product or service.
In addition to meeting eligibility criteria, your application will also be prioritised on:
- The impact the investment will have on your business by measuring revenue growth, cost savings, time savings, employment outcomes
- The degree to which the digital technology or service enhances your business’s competitive edge
- The potential and likelihood the investment will create jobs
- Value for money
Tip: Can't think of how you can gain a competitive edge with technology? Get in touch and we'll discuss how to do just that.
What can be funded by the grant?
You can use the grant to invest in hardware, software and digital services that fall under one of the four priority areas:
- Content development (web pages, blogs, mobile apps, videos and audio, etc.)
- Payment gateway to receive online payments
- Specialised digital technology or software (CRM, automation tools, systems integration)
- Digital planning, marketing strategy development, training and consulting
What won’t funded by the grant?
The grant aims to support businesses to access digital technologies and services. There is a range of services and goods that will not be funded, including:
- Maintenance of existing digital technologies, including website maintenance and hosting
- Subscription costs for cloud (software) services
- Purchase of stock or supplies not related to the digital project
- Salaries of employees
- General operating costs such as bookkeeping, accounting, etc.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Google AdWords, Facebook Ads or similar
How to apply
Applications are currently closed and we expect them to be available mid-2017.
If you want to get more leads, close more sales and grow your business, speak with one of our certified marketing and sales specialists today. Click the message icon in the bottom right to start the conversation!